A 47-year-old welder at Hua-Cheng Manganese Processing Plant in Kapiri Mposhi District has died after being electrocuted while welding.
The victim sustained severe burns on the body and was rushed to Kapiri Mposhi District Hospital before being referred to Kabwe Central Hospital for treatment where he later died.
Both Kapiri Mposhi District Commissioner Francis Hasalama and Hua-Cheng Manganese Processing plant Human Resource Officer, David Mbangu confirmed the incident to ZANIS which happened on June 15, 2022, around 16:00 hours.
Mr. Mbangu has identified the victim as Kabalakasha Samuel, a welder whose remains have since been buried.
Meanwhile, Mr Hasalama has bemoaned management’s failure to observe safety rules that have previously resulted in similar deaths of workers at the company.