type of birds:layers
1.Chicken House .ie 1000sqft @5000 = 5,000,000/=
2.500 Day Old Chicks @ 4000 = 2,000,000/=
(7kgs per bird) i.e 3500kgs
Chick starter and
Grower feeds ( day 1 to 18 weeks) @1400 = 4,900,000/=
1650kg(110g per bird).
Pre-Lay feeds( week19-23 weeks)@1300= 2,145,000/=
4.15 sacks of litter(brooding and grower phase) @7000 = 105,000/=
- 2 brooder pots @10000=20,000/=
- 1sack of charcoal @80,000 = 80,000/=
- 6 baby drinkers @6,000 = 36,000/=
- 20 baby feeders @2,500 = 50,000/=
- 2 jerrycans @5,000 = 10,000/=
- 2 Basins @6000 = 12,000/=
- Electricity Yaka = 250,000/= lumpsum OR SOLAR
- 1 Spray pump = 65,000/=
- 8 Brooding papers@2500=20,000/= OR used NEWSPAPERS
- All medications,Vet services and vaccinations Upto ( 5.5 months) =+-1,000,000/=
- drinking system (Preferably bell)#5@60000=300000/= +water tank and installations fees=250,000/= grand total=550,000/=
- 10 circular feeders 6kgs @14000 =140,000/=
- 5 laying [email protected] = 100,000/=
- Labour (1worker) for 6 months@150,000/= =900.000/=
- Water bills for 6months(lampsum)=200,000/=
- Unexpected costs and Emergencies=300,000/=
note: These projects work for only those on deep litter system. I have included all costs form construction to laying (45%).
For 500birds, morality @3% growing phase= 485birds in production.
@90% production, 485 birds will lay 436eggs=14trays per day.
@10000/= farm gate egg price, 14trays will make 140,000/= per day.
Feeding. 485 layers will eat 54kgs per day(110g per bird)
Feed cost:54kgs of layers feeds will cost 81,000/=(@1500/= per kg)
Daily profit.140000 less 81000= 59000/=
Now on the 59000, less 9000 to cater for labor. Farm expenses and supplements were necessary. You end up with 50,000/= as you daily income gain.
for 30days= 1.500.000/=
For 18months in production= 27,000,000
Off layers. 95% livability= 475@10000= 4,750,000/=.
Grand profit at end of production=31,750,000/=
Now less Growing expenses.
Profit will be= 13,867,000/=
general notice. You will only achieve this when you well feed, medicate, house and practice bio security at a maximum level. Secondly you will need a right source of D.O.Cs and clear guidance form an expert or a vet.
Note: Much profits are expected on the next cycle if a t all you are to stay in business since some of the expenses like coop construction and a Bit of farm equipments are already in place.
Lastly you need to have land in place as we don’t include land costs in our projections, for those to aquire loans and grants, land must be included in the projection at your farmland value. So that’s the reason as to why most poultry enterprises achieve there breakthrough in the second or third phase of productions