By Lubunga Lucindi
Today’s topic is titled, 𝟔 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲!
3. Red meat
5. Yogurt and
Let’s jump right into it;
1. Eggs – This is a staple in most Zambian homes. In our home they feature during breakfast, snack time, lunch and dinner time. Eggs provide a big source of protein and they are easily accessible even here in Zambia. They are great especially for breakfast, you can prepare them in so many ways. Add them to your toast bread or add them to your vegetable fried rice. Learn to experiment with food so that you are not eating the same food all the time.
Here’s the truth. One meal isn’t going to make that big of a difference. Many meals, over time, absolutely will. Because no one meal will drastically change your life.
2. Oats – This is wholegrain is a superfood that will keep you fuller longer. Studies show that oats and oatmeal have many health benefits. These include weight loss, lower blood sugar levels, and a reduced risk of heart disease. Oats are rich in carbs and fiber, but also higher in protein and fat than most other grains. They are very high in many vitamins and minerals. Source – healthline.com. Oats are inexpensive and can also be prepared in a variety of ways. Check out @bloompeakfood on Instagram on how you can preapare and enjoy oats in distinct ways.
You do not need to starve yourself to lose weight, being deprived, hungry and unhappy will eventually set you back, after you have lost the weight if at all.
3. Read meat – The protein in beef is complete, meaning it contains all the essential amino acids that humans must get from food. Your body needs protein for muscle and tissue growth and maintenance. However, it may also be high in saturated fat and sodium, which can have adverse effects on health. While red meat can fit into a balanced diet, many health organizations recommend limiting your intake. If you do decide to add red meat to your diet, be sure to opt for unprocessed varieties, choose lean cuts, and enjoy in moderation alongside other sources of protein. Source – healthline.com.
4. Apples – Days are long gone, when finding apples in Zambia was tricky, now one can buy apples even from their local market or guy with a makeshift wheelbarrow fruit shop. How about you eat an apple an hour before a main meal?
They’re rich in fiber and antioxidants. Eating them is linked to a lower risk of many chronic conditions, including diabetes, heart disease, and cancer. Source – healthline.com
Apples make a good addition to a healthy breakfast, I enjoy mine with natural or Greek yogurt. Also try peanut butter with apples, not only crunch but full of nutrients too.
5. Yogurt – Health benefits range from protecting against osteoporosis to relieving irritable bowel disease and aiding digestion, but these depend on the type of yogurt consumed. Added sugar and processing can make some yogurt products unhealthy.
Not all yogurts are healthful. Those without added sugar or unnecessary additives can be a healthful addition to the diet, but some products have high quantities of added sugar and other ingredients that may not be beneficial. Natural yogurt can be a low-calorie, high-nutrient food packed with protein. All yogurts contain some natural sugars, but consumers are advised to look for a product with less than 15 grams of sugar per serving. The lower the sugar, the better, as long as it does not contain any artificial sweeteners. Source- medicalnews.com
6. Groundnuts – While peanuts are high in calories, they are also rich in fibre and protein, factors that increase and prolong satiety (the sensation of being full and satisfied). This means that having a small number of peanuts as a snack helps to reduce your overall food intake, compared to say the equivalent amount of calories consumed through a chocolate bar. Source – pulse.ng .
Groundnuts are an ideal snack for diabetics as it aids in lowering blood sugars. A fistful of roasted groundnuts helps to control hunger pangs and this is a win for those on a weight loss journey and those in maintenance mode. Please be mindful of overly salted groundnuts and remember even with healthy food, moderation is king!
It’s important to look at your unique lifestyle and schedule and determine what’s gonna work best for you to lose the weight for good, while not being hungry. We all lead different lifestyles and this is why at @bloompeakmediawe strive to create personalized weight loss packages because each person is an individual and we all have different schedules and obligations.
That being said here is a recap, 𝟔 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐰𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲!
3. Red meat
5. Yogurt and
𝐓𝐎𝐃𝐀𝐘’𝐒 𝐐𝐔𝐎𝐓𝐄: “Healthy eating is a way of life, so it’s important to establish routines that are simple, realistically, and ultimately livable.” – Horace
𝐌𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐜 𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐨 𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐦 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
𝑺𝒕𝒚𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒉𝒍𝒚 𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔, ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀